Co-Host: Sophie Allen
Special Guest: Bucky Helms
– Google July 2021 Core Update Effectively Complete (As of July 12th)
– Google Tests Big “Carousel” For More Specific Searches
– Google Local Ranking Changes With Core Update
– Google Discontinuing the Feature to Post in Verified Knowledge Panels
And So Much More!
1:32 Web 2.0 Ranker Weekly Update
– NEW VAULT GIVEAWAY – Due Follow Press Release
– Press Dashboard has been Reengineered, Due Follow releases are now LIVE!
– 20% OFF AP News Brand Features – are live on the site; Press Release Syndication has been rebuilt
– Philadelphia Local Marketing Mastermind – November 5th Through 7th – Check It Out Here: https://web20ranker.com/local-marketing-mastermind/
– Episode 100 MID-LEVEL TICKET GIVEAWAY! – Mid-Level Ticket Giveaway of the Upcoming Philadelphia Mastermind
23:33 SEO News for The Past Week
– July Core Update Effectively Complete as of July 12th
SERP Changes/ Tests
– Google Testing Big “Carousel” For more Specific Searches
– Google Editorial Content Policies for Job Postings Coming Soon!
– Google Local Ranking Changes With The Core Update
– Google is Discontinuing Posting in the Knowledge Panel
– Can SEO’s Give Timelines For Ranking & Indexing Issues in Google Search?
– John Mueller states that some Change-Timelines can be well estimated
– John Mueller Also States that simply it depends if the client is willing to also update their site
16:49 Question from the Local SEO Community FB Group: I am talking to a prospect that has 2 locations around the same big city, about 20 miles apart. He has 2 GMBs. Both link to the home page, despite him actually having some pretty nice location pages built out.
The main location in the heart of the big city is coming up #1 all over a geogrid. I have not yet checked the other location.
Should I leave the GMBs to point to the homepage if they are doing quite well?
27:34 What are you doing to combat it?
46:26 Have you seen the creation of a GMB site completely replace the companies domain in all the SERPs where the domain was previously ranking #1 for over a year